Wednesday 20 May 2009

Cambridge in the springtime

I have decided I really need to blog more, so from now I'm going to try and do it at least weekly, unless I really have nothing to say!

Had a very pleasant walk through Kings College, and back via Clare, to the Old Schools - seat of power of the University, where along with the rest of the steering group I had my photo taken to be 'the face' of lgbt staff for profiling purposes. It would seem that while Cambridge is generally a pretty gay friendly place to live and work, getting the University to take equality and diversity issues seriously may be a bit of an uphill struggle.

On the way, chatted to my friend from the Nanna Mexico burrito van, saw a lovely family of ducklings, watched the punting and was nearly mown down by French school children. Ah, roll on summer - more punts, more tourists, less ducklings!

No comments: